In the process of the swine farming industry gradually developing from the traditional farming method of scattered farmers and swine professionals' workshops to intensive and factory farming, the increase in the degree of intensification must be guaranteed by modern farming technology and management information systems in order to reduce costs and increase output. At the same time, the quality and safety of pork is one of the core concerns of the government and farming enterprises.
Most of the swine farms are concentrated in rural areas, with rural free-range farming being the main focus and less large-scale swine farming. At the same time, there are also phenomena such as backward rearing technology and serious lack of scientific and technological management talents, etc. The rampant epidemics in 2006 caused a major impact on swine farms, while the emergence of tainted lard and lean meat extract poisoning in 2006 made the food safety of the swine industry a matter of great concern. Technology, scale, safety and quality swine farming are the inevitable trends in the development of swine farming industry.
RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) is an automatic wireless identification and data acquisition technology that has been widely used in many fields. Low frequency RFID chip in ear (passive) current main application in the access control, animal ID RFID, electronic lock frame, machine control authorization check, etc., the corresponding ISO standard 11484/85 and 14223. 134.2KHz rfid ear tag system will be in many industrial fields more and more important, this system because only need to transmit very short information in a single direction, with a high degree of miniaturization characteristics. and has been continually improved and optimised in recent years, is ideally suited to applications in the field of farm management.
RFID system components
The electronic ear tag is a built-in electronic tag that can be applied to the swine's ear to prove the swine's identity and to carry individual information about the swine. It is mainly divided into two parts: the main tag and the secondary tag. The reading distance is 0-3m (related to the read-write), and the outside is encapsulated by various materials, with the performance of impact resistance, waterproof and corrosion prevention.
Non-contact inductive data collectors are developed using radio frequency identification technology. Since contact can be avoided when reading the data from the ear tag, its service life is guaranteed and there is no loss. It is suitable for long working hours and improves its working efficiency. It makes the collection and management of various farming information more concise and accurate for managers at all levels, and the accuracy of the data is greatly improved. Make farming management more reflective of accurate and hierarchical management.
RFID system architecture
1. Before a swine enters a fence, information such as its closely related number, source, animal class and birth time is entered into the tag, and then a rfid biological glass tube is injected subcutaneously or wear rfid ear tag, which to establish a definite association between the rfid ear tag and this swine. After the successful establishment of the file, the swine is allowed to enter the fence.
2. In the process of daily feeding management, individual identification is carried out by animal RFID reader and its feeding data is recorded. Such as daily management information (belonging to the fence, eating time, physical characteristics, length and weight values, etc.); immunisation information (whether immunised, vaccine type, inoculation method, inoculation dose, immuniser, etc.); fertility history information (time of birth, number, etc.); disease history information (disease name, time, symptoms, whether cured, etc.); the breeder updates to the swine file database in real time through the backstage management system.
3. Automatic identification of individuals through fixed special RFID ear tag readers, automatic sorting and fencing, automatic feeding and recording of activity patterns, etc., updated in real time to the swine file database through the network.
4. Other management departments or personnel can query the swine files through the back-end management system, and query the pedigree and capability records of breeding swines. Information such as tracking reports on the disposal of sick and dead swines.
5. Based on the above data, the backstage management system can automatically generate analysis reports on the number and capacity of breeding swines; record reports on key work such as immunization; statistical reports on swine rearing methods and data such as the number and grade of meat produced; tracking reports on the disposal of sick and dead swines, etc.
RFID swine farming applications
1.Breeding swine management
The task of general breeding farms is mainly in providing pork for consumer consumption, its breeding behavior only stops at one generation, even if the wrong swinelets are bought, its impact is limited. The pedigree and ability of the breeder affects the survival rate, growth rate, feed to meat ratio and growth health of the swinelets, all of which are crucial to the success of the breeder. The breeder is also breeding the next generation of breeding stock, which will be the main producers of swinelets in the future, and this has a significant impact. To have a healthy swine industry, a healthy breeding industry is necessary, and a healthy breeding industry must rely on breeding swines with good pedigree, excellent breeding and growth ability.
The pedigree of a breeder is very important because it represents, to a certain extent, the collation and evaluation of the overall performance of the breeder in the past, and although it is still subject to variation, the pedigree is still the guarantee of its basic performance. Pedigree is still generally determined by genealogy and registration records.
The accuracy of the determination of the ability of swines with superior breeding or growth ability will be more credible if it is supplemented by information from production histories.
Rigorous pedigree certification and competency determination has become an essential part of the breeding industry. In order to maintain the swine industry, swine breeders have sfencet considerable manpower and effort to set up and promote a system for pedigree certification and performance recognition.
2. Herd management
The identification function of the management system can clearly distinguish each swine, and this is only the first step, then is to collect and establish a corresponding file for each swine. The swine's production history is made up of all the information collected during the production process. At this point in time the production history is still just some data, which when analysed and collated, can generally be used as a reference to improve management performance. For breeding swines, it can be used as an important reference or basis for pedigree certification and functional recognition.
3. Management of sick and dead swines
A few unscrupulous operators are not willing to lose sick and dead swines, which will be put into various forms into the market, which has caused great harm to the entire swine industry, how to strengthen the management of sick and dead swines, RFID is an indisfencesable tool. Each swine has an identification mechanism, each swine is included in the system management, when there is a situation of sick and dead swines, through the identification mechanism to track its handling status, swine farmers must clearly account for the whereabouts of each swine, while through a systematic network mechanism to check, if you can really do every swine into the management, can be a comprehensive prevention of sick and dead swines into the market.
Benefits of rfid ear tag for swine farming industy
1. Safe and accurate feeding
Realise the true meaning of one animal, one label, unique code, so as to achieve the purpose of individual identification of swines and precise feeding.
The problem of individual identification in the swine rearing process has been a very big problem, such as the common method of domestic large-scale sow rearing is positioning fence rearing. However, there are many drawbacks in this method of feeding, such as easy to cause sows to be over-fat, not in heat or with low production performance, increased chance of sows being infected with epidemic diseases and high culling rate.
This solution frees the sows from the positioning fences, feeds large groups of sows in the same fence and automates the management of sows through RFID identification system, automatic feeding system, automatic separation system and oestrus monitoring system. Individual, precise, safe and stress-free feeding can be achieved in the case of large herds. It is possible to determine the feeding amount according to individual body size, litter size, backfat thickness and body condition, and to accurately identify sows that are going into heat or are sick and to separate them into groups.
2. All-round information tracking
Establish a file for each swine on the farm, with a complete record of the whole process from swine intake to sale or culling, etc. The manager can summarise the feeding experience by viewing the records. It is also a technical guarantee for the national requirement of traceable and recordable production in animal husbandry.
SEIKO RFID TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Add: Room 405, Building No.11, Donghai Taihe Plaza, Fengze District, Quanzhou 362000, China.
Phone: +86-18559272337 (WhatsApp)