RFID Medical Waste Management
The disposal process of medical waste needs to be controlled and managed from the source. Its collection, storage, transportation and disposal process must be supervised throughout the entire process, especially again for highly infectious medical waste disposal such as New Coronary Pneumonia, in the process of full control, the supervision of medical waste cannot be missing, but the less personnel involved, the more the risk of infection can be minimised.
With RFID technology as the core, a new medical waste management platform based on RFID technology is built to supervise the entire process of collection, transfer and destruction of medical waste, eliminating possible loopholes, further standardising and informing medical waste management and improving the level of medical waste supervision.
RFID medical waste management process
1. RFID tag binding
RFID electronic tag as a data carrier, through the binding with the waste bucket, to achieve the conversion of the physical flow to data flow, providing the basic data for this system. When the medical waste bucket is vacant, the RFID tag can be bound to the bucket one by one by pasting or injection moulding or by wrapping glue. After binding, the RFID electronic tag data is read to locate the corresponding waste bucket information. the RFID tag completes the initialisation of data and synchronises the data to the system backend.
RFID Wast Bin Tag RFID PCB Tag RFID Hard Tag
2. Data collection
For organisations with a large amount of waste, it is recommended to install a fixed RFID reader and combine it with a weighing system. The waste bucket with RFID tags installed will be weighed together with the medical waste. When the RFID data collector reads the electronic tag information of the waste bucket, it will obtain the weight of the medical waste from the weighing system and write the weight information into the electronic tag, and the system backend updates the new waste information in real time.
For the more dispersed, small number of institutions, RFID handheld terminals can be used, which can be a few metres away from the waste bucket to achieve the collection of data, reducing intermediate links and reducing the risk of staff being infected.
Location-based services mainly use GPS devices to bind to transport vehicles to complete the supervision and control of the route and time of transport vehicles. It supports the query of trajectory, which has significant effect on improving the safety of transportation and ensuring the regular transportation of medical waste.
4. Transfer and incineration
In the transfer centre and incineration centre, the barrel with medical waste is put on the conveyor belt, to the weighing position, the waste barrel label is read by RFID read-write, while it will be weighed again to transmit the data back to the background management system, the management system will obtain the weight information and the weight information stored in the electronic label of the waste barrel for comparison, no error then carry out the subsequent transfer and incineration operations, otherwise alarm, prompting Otherwise, an alarm will be generated, prompting staff to deal with the situation.
RFID medical waste management advantages
1. Retraceable management of the process of collection, transportation and centralised disposal of medical waste bins.
2. Reducing the contact between personnel and medical waste and improving the efficiency of medical waste disposal.
3. can be batch operation, intelligent identification and automatic access to the warehouse, real-time synchronization with the background data.
4. To avoid medical waste being used by unlawful elements, causing pollution to society and endangering human health.
5. Statistical reports in various forms, complete information, can be exported and printed to facilitate management enquiries.
6. RFID handheld terminal identification distance, long life, improve the efficiency of medical waste collection.
7. RFID reader can be connected to multiple antennas, all-round, multi-angle batch identification, no leakage of reading.