Under intense competitive pressure, retailers need efficient RFID warehouse tracking management solutions to meet the growing consumer demand for speed and flexibility in order fulfilment. All retailers, especially bricks and mortar shops, are aware of the need to put the consumer first. But retailers also need to recognize that the best in-store experience starts in the warehouse if they are to remain profitable in the future.
Most retailer warehouses need to solve the problem
1. the rapid development of the branded retail side, traditional barcode methods and warehouse equipment can not meet the development of enterprises;
2. many processing factories, the source label plan needs to be unified management;
3. extremely fast supply chain management system, collaborative information needs to be further real-time, rapid response;
4. the distribution of goods in the warehouse needs to be distributed in a very short time;
5. 10,000 models on the shelves each year, the collaboration of many departments is prone to errors;
6. shop inventory, receiving and dispatching of goods consumes a lot of time and energy of shop staff, which will indirectly affect the sales performance of shops;
7. rfid warehouse Inventory is mainly concentrated in the shops, new products listed a week, the popularity of each model in each shop, touch rate, try-on rate is difficult to have accurate data collection, will miss sales opportunities;
8. shops need to have scientific data to support the display.
The advantages of applying RFID technology in warehouse management
1. Inventory tracking and automated data collection
With RFID implementation in warehouse, inventory managers do not need to spend time on manual tracking and reporting. Each item is tracked and data about it is automatically recorded in a large data warehouse. Automated asset tracking and reporting can save up to 18 hours of work per month and reduce the potential for human error.
2. Real-time updates to inventory data
IoT-based inventory management solutions provide manufacturers with precise visibility into the production process of raw materials and components, work-in-process and finished goods by providing real-time updates on the status, location and movement of items, so that inventory managers can see when individual inventory items are entering or leaving a particular location.
3. Optimise inventory
The better warehouse managers know their inventory, the more likely they are to have the right items in the right place at the right time. With real-time data on the number and location of items in stock, manufacturers can reduce inventory levels while meeting customer demand at the end of the supply chain.
4. Rational inventory-based scheduling
With real-time data on the location and quantity of inventory items, manufacturers can solve problems in the production process and identify under-utilised machines. For example, if part of the stock tends to accumulate in front of a machine, the manufacturer will assume that the machine is not being fully utilised and therefore requires special attention.
5. Optimise delivery lead times
By providing warehouse managers with usable inventory data and machine learning-driven demand forecasting, industrial IoT-based solutions can enable manufacturers to reduce lead times.
Benefits of applying RFID technology for warehouse management
1, through the RFID project so that suppliers hanging tags, hanging nails, tags boxing, booking delivery, etc. more standardized, from the source with technical means to curb the occurrence of falsification of goods and other undesirable business practices, and to achieve information interoperability, more collaborative communication between suppliers to increase the degree of transparency in supply chain management.
2, through RFID reading suppliers out of the warehouse better, more accurate information on the boxing, the operational process is shorter and faster, together to establish a more efficient and transparent process.
1、RFID tags warehouse and conveyor lines combined with the distribution mode, more accurate, more precise, faster, more realize automatic distribution.
2, the use of RFID in and out of the warehouse management, efficiency increased by as much as 5 times, greatly improving the throughput of the distribution center.
3, the second phase of the adoption of RFID channels reader, conveyor lines, automatic labeling machines, automatic sealing machines, online efficiency can be increased by as much as 10 times, greatly reducing operating costs, and will greatly save manpower.
4, Management personnel will be able to grasp the incoming, outgoing and in-stock status of inventory materials in real time, realising a transparent information asset management approach.
RFID technology in warehouse has many features such as security, long range, accurate identification, durability and reusability. RFID tag is essential when it comes to achieving intelligent warehouse inventory counting. Warehouse arrival inspection, inbound, outbound, transfer, shift, inventory and other aspects of the operation of data automation, information technology collection, so that the accuracy and efficiency of warehouse management is greatly enhanced, for enterprises in the warehouse goods management more intelligent, simpler.
SEIKO RFID TECHNOLOGY LTD.
Add: Room 405, Building No.11, Donghai Taihe Plaza, Fengze District, Quanzhou 362000, China.
Phone: +86-18559272337 (WhatsApp)